Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fatties and Ninjas

It's been a few days since I attempted the Hang Tough apparatus in the local park so I am certainly without a few pounds of fat on me so I figured I would go give it another shot. On the way there I came across my football league having its playoffs. My team sucks complete ass balls so we didn't make it. The green team from my league was playing the red team.

I never noticed when we were getting stomped by them but the red team all have personalized jerseys with nick names on the back. None of which were any good except for this one huge fat ass dude. He is not quite as tall a jock but tons fatter. A complete slob. Anyway, his nick name was "He Ate Me". I got bored with the game quickly because frankly touch football is complete shit to watch and only fun if you are doing it yourself. On to the Coliseum.

The rings were busy today. The time before I had them all to myself. There were plenty of people getting after it this time. None so much so as this one yellow ninja. He was completely nuts for the rings. If you're familiar with the video game Mortal Kombat he was dressed just like Scorpio but without the face mask. He wasn't content just to go from one side to the other but would do spins and flips between each ring on the exchange. Also when he got to the end, instead of jumping off he turned around and came back. Then he did it again. And again. Four complete passes total. I kept far away cause I didn't want to get hit with any of his throwing stars but I was determined to make it at least one complete pass once he dismounted.



I became even more determined when right before me a wee little girl of about 8 went the whole way across giggling the entire time. So off I go. I made it the whole way today because it was day time and I could see and also I managed the exchange a lot better than the first time so I didn't nearly pull my arm out of socket every time. It still hurt like crazy though but I noticed it wasn't my hand or forearm muscles that were barking like in bar hang. It was the palms of my hands. The friction of skin against metal was what hurt so bad. I noticed the ninja had ninja gloves on and I bet if I had some I could go a hell of a lot longer. Anybody know where I can get some ninja gloves?

No comments:

Post a Comment